The advantages of using fossil fuel such as petroleum, natural gas and coal as a source of energy to generate electricity are.
- It is relatively easy to be collected as they are present in large amount in one place.
- It contains high energy capacity.
The disadvantages of using fossil fuel as a source of energy are.
- It releases a lot of carbon dioxide when it is burned. A large amount of carbon dioxide present in the atmosphere will cause an increase in the temperature of the atmosphere, known as global warming. Global warming is the most serious environmental problem that we are facing now.
- Fossil fuels are non-renewable energy.
- Pollute the air. Burning of fossil fuel will release particles and some hazardous gases such as sulphur dioxide and nitrogen dioxide which will pollute the air.